Joanna Rudzka Tax Advisory is an effective tax consulting firm operating in Warsaw. Based on years of experience of its employees (mostly Big4), provides a quality service comparable to the largest tax advisory companies for a reasonable price.
We are a member of the Polish Chamber of Commerce of Importers, Exporters and Cooperation with a seat in Poznan and cooperate with many other organizations.
In our daily activities, we support the biggest Polish and international companies as well as public entities.
We always offer solutions to our clients, never leaving them alone with academic analysis of tax law
- Day-to-day advisory
- Interpretation of legal regulations, binding rulings of the Minister of Finance and tax authorities’ procedure and practice
- Evaluation of the tax implication of transactions and commercial activities (including analysis of contracts)
- Assistance in applying for tax rulings from the Minister of Finance
- Tax planning
- Providing services to clients involved in ongoing or anticipated litigation
- Assistance and support during tax inspections and appeal procedures
- Tax due diligence
- Tax advisory regarding business established by foreign entities in Poland
- Review of methods and mechanisms used to settle tax obligations (tax review)
- Representation before tax authorities and administrative courts
- Transfer Pricing
- General legal advisory services
- Tax Hotline
- Consultancy in Polish and English
- Practical and appropriate analysis directly meeting client queries
- Direct contact only with licensed tax advisors
- Proven track record of significant tax recoveries and swift resolution of tax proceedings
- We are able to meet tight deadlines
- We are flexible and efficient
Joanna Rudzka – lawyer and licensed tax advisor. Previously, Joanna managed the VAT Department at a prestigious law firm in Warsaw dealing with current customer handling and project consultancy including restructuring, tax and purpose-based reviews, optimisation projects and litigation proceedings. Joanna trained at PwC and KPMG before being recruited to a renowned boutique tax advisory to head and develop their VAT division.
Joanna graduated from the Faculty of Law and Administration at Warsaw University followed by postgraduate studies at the School of German Law at Warsaw University and University of Bonn. Although specialising in the field of VAT, Joanna has conducted numerous consultancy projects pertaining to income tax, transfer pricing, and international taxation for both Polish and international entities operating in wide variety of industries.
As an author of numerous press publications in tax law (Rzeczpospolita, Gazeta Prawna, Przegląd Podatkowy, Jurysdykcja Podatkowa) and co-author of commentary to the law on fiscal control, Joanna frequently appears as an expert guest on television.
As an expert in Polish tax regulations (mainly in the field of VAT) and proceedings, Joanna provides consultancy to Polish legislators and EU Commissioners on the practical application of any changes to prevailing law. Joanna is an experienced trainer and enjoys lecturing at the Warsaw School of Economics among other institutions in addition to acting as mentor to her own pupils. She provides training courses to publishing houses and conference companies and is an active member of the employers’ organisation, PKPP Lewiatan Tax Board.
In July 2014, Joanna was delighted to be invited to participate in the activities of the IBFD, the International Bureau of Fiscal Documentation, an independent research institute based in Amsterdam.
We offer comprehensive legal and tax support within the field of domestic and cross-border transactions. Regarding mergers and acquisitions, we advise on tax structuring of the transaction, recommend an optimal scenario, perform due diligence and assist in negotiations and closing of the transaction. Parties’ expectations or the business environment are never the same. Experience has taught us, therefore, to offer made-to-measure services to our customers.
Tax advice in field of M&A includes:
- Preparing the acquisition or disposal transaction,
- Selecting the optimal tax scenario,
- Due diligence (investor DD and vendor DD),
- Assistance in negotiations,
- Transaction closing suport,
- Post-deal tax suport,
- Tax services to corporate and private equity investors .
- Our reports always provide a clear assessment of the risks and, if requested, opportunities,
- Our reports are concise, comprehensive and not overloaded with content – we do not waste your time on unnecessary data.
- When can we help?
- sale or purchase of a business,
- transfer of a going concern or an organized part of an enterprise,
- sale or purchase of significant assets (asset deal),
- sale or purchase of stocks and shares (share deal),
- legal restructuring,
- change of core business,
- IPO and privatization.
Management Contracts Advisory
Consultancy in the field of management contracts includes:
- An exhaustive analysis of the issues related to taxation of management contracts,
- Presentation of a number of tax efficient alternatives to standard terms and conditions of engagement of management,
- Assessment of benefits and potential tax risks connected with various scenarios,
- List of formal requirements necessary for implementation,
- Conclusions and recommendations.
In addition, we can offer you assistance in the implementation of your chosen solution, including:
- analysis of current engagement contracts and corporate documents,
- consultation and support at each stage of the process,
- modification or creation of new agreements and documentation if necessary,
- help with any business registration,
- obtaining binding rulings from the Minister of Finance,
- TP documentation.
Day to day, we support some of the largest Polish and international companies as well as public entities.
- As a rule, we calculate our fee based on our hourly rate and time necessary to complete the given task.
- However, in most of the cases we offer a budget fee or a cap fee.
- We also offer a monthly lump sum for ongoing assistance. The amount depends on the complexity of your Company’s business and the hours available.
- The time available can be used on:
- monthly ‚tax supervision’ (short audit in your Company prior submitting the monthly tax return);
- verification of accounts for the month (we focus on new contracts, new types of sales, large transactions, unusual economic events);
- consultation by telephone or e-mail;
- training courses or
- The contract also includes preferential hourly rate, which may be the basis for the valuation of additional engagements.